Giving your consumers the option to personalize and set up their website in the way they want, is a critical and significant feature when it comes to WordPress theme development. In truth, theme customization is crucial regardless of whether your product is a multipurpose theme or a niche offering. In this situation options framework will be the best solution for creating a website by customizing the theme’s options.
There are many options for customizing WordPress themes. Of course, you can write all of the code yourself from the start. However, if you want to save some time and effort, you might be able to rely on a framework or panel for theme and plugin settings and modify it appropriately to let your users do more with your WordPress theme.
In this article, we will talk about the options framework Redux and the Redux alternative NextCode.
What is an options framework?
But first, let’s pause and talk about what theme options frameworks actually are. What distinguishes them from a theme framework?
Any WordPress theme may easily incorporate an options panel accessing the Options Framework. It was created so designers wouldn’t have to waste time starting from scratch on an options panel and instead focus on building the main theme.
In essence, a theme options framework participates in the creation of WordPress themes in a way that frees you up to concentrate on your theme rather than the settings on the backend. Every WordPress theme typically has a frontend (what it appears like when it’s activated) and a backend (wherein you can customize stuff such as fonts, headers, footer widgets, etc.).
In the same way, you may use a theme options framework in your WordPress theme development process when it comes to theme customization and options. You can save time and avoid having to fill out every field from the beginning by doing it this way.
Theme developers should use frameworks. They provide a set of guidelines that theme designers can adopt when making their own themes. They are a collection of attributes designed to facilitate development.
How are frameworks made to be used?
- The packaging for frameworks consists of a single folder.
- Developers load the framework by dropping the framework folder into a new parent theme.
- The framework and parent theme can both be upgraded since users can put their customizations in a child theme that is based on the parent theme.
The Advantages of WordPress Theme Frameworks:
- Time-saving – Because WordPress theme frameworks already have beginning code, they facilitate development. As a developer, this means you don’t have to start from scratch when creating your theme. Simply choose a framework and then base your designs on it.
- More rapid page loads – The majority of WordPress theme frameworks load a great deal quicker than standard themes. This is so because frameworks often don’t contain bloated visuals or useless code. In comparison to the majority of standalone themes, WordPress theme frameworks often have acceptable code quality.
- Support – Lifetime support is included with all (or the majority of) WordPress theme frameworks, even the free ones. Most of your questions will be answered in the support forums or on the websites of the developers.
- High web standards: WordPress theme frameworks are created by conscientious WordPress programmers who strictly adhere to web coding standards. In addition, peer assessment of frameworks ensures the highest standards and increased magnificence. Last but not least, the majority of engineers leave comments in their code, making it simple to change anything.
- Simple to upgrade – WordPress theme frameworks rely on child themes, which allow you to preserve all of your customized changes while upgrading. This is in addition to getting lifetime upgrades.
- Community – Large communities of like-minded individuals exist for popular WordPress theme frameworks. It’s always a big bonus to have a community behind you as you build your online business.
- Development simplicity – Some frameworks come with sizable code libraries. Some frameworks have drag-and-drop user interfaces that do not require programming experience. Using a WordPress theme framework, anyone can create beautiful themes without needing to be an expert developer. Even as a beginner, you can quickly design a polished WordPress site.
- Enhanced functionality – WordPress theme frameworks include a ton of functionality already built in, including widgets, extended functions, and much more. Frameworks frequently offer more functionality than regular themes, in addition to being much simpler to modify and expand.
- Many design options – If you choose the best WordPress theme framework, you can create any design you want. Simple blogs all the way up to dynamic portals with different layouts can be created. Once you comprehend how your framework functions, you will be able to accomplish so much more than just run straight blogs!
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is essential to internet marketing and cannot be disregarded. When you optimize your website for search engines, your online business will reap significant benefits. The majority of WordPress theme frameworks include settings for SEO right in the code.
The Redux Framework contains a sophisticated post meta class, so you can add meta options to your posts and pages, as well as support for the Theme Customizer. It can be used as a plugin or built-into your theme/plugin for adding options.
The WP Settings API is the foundation of the Redux Framework. As a result, its set of functionality, which includes error handling, custom fields, validation options, etc., is rather common. Redux has full responsiveness, is ready for translation, and lets you import and export settings.
The Redux Framework has the ability to be used as a plugin or integrated into your theme or plugin to add choices. It also has support for the Theme Customizer and a strong post meta class that allows you to add meta options to your posts and pages.
Redux is incredibly well-liked and is undergoing constant development with frequent updates.
- From your Gutenberg Editor, look through 1,000+ block templates, layouts, and patterns that you can easily add to your website.
- On a demo site, view examples of each block template, layout, or pattern.
- To locate exactly what you’re looking for, filter through various site categories and content types.
- Built-in support for the Gutenberg Block Patterns library.
- The industry’s most reliable option framework.
- Clean code and inline documentation are developer-friendly
Redux alternative NextCode
NextCode is a simple and lightweight WordPress options framework for themes and plugins. There are many different WordPress theme frameworks available. NextCode is the foundation of ThemeDev. It is an amazing option framework. It is not overstuffed with options like some others. You receive what you require. The majority of other plugins work well with it.
All of the common customization options, including categories and tags, typography, design elements, photos, and other media, are supported by NextCode. NextCode also works well with Google Fonts and creates the necessary CSS on its own.
Let’s go through the features of NextCode.
- A high amount of custom fields and a ton of options were built using the OOP paradigm. It is a very cutting-edge and modern framework.
- Permits the creation of special post types for your plugins or theme services. We offer sophisticated settings with a large number of fields.
- Enables you to construct a submenu for setting your CPT’s home page. We offer sophisticated settings with a large number of fields.
- Enables you to apply customized taxonomy settings to each and every one of your categories, tags, or CPT. We offer sophisticated settings with a large number of fields.
- Gives you the option of adding personalized meta box settings to each of your pages and articles. We offer sophisticated settings with a large number of fields.
- Makes it possible for you to add custom nav menu item settings to each of your menus. We offer sophisticated settings with a large number of fields.
From the above discussion, you can be assured that NextCode can be an effective alternative to the Redux framework. You can have all the facilities and functions using NextCode in a better way.
Let’s make a comparison table that can prove the effectiveness of NextCode.
|Compatible with themes and plugins||✅||✅|
|Custom post type||❌||✅|
|Custom meta box||✅||✅|
|Build Multistep form.||❌||✅|
|Custom comment metabox||❌||✅|
|Custom user profile||❌||✅|
If you want to access the perfect option framework for your website, then NextCode will be the most suitable one for you. As you can access almost all kinds of functionalities regarding an options framework, it will give you a proper environment to create a feasible website.