Are you looking for a perfect must have WordPress plugins for your website? You have landed on the right spot.
WordPress has around 60000 plugins in the plugin directory. So, it’s difficult to find out which one makes a difference and which one is overhyped.
Plugins are tools that allow you to extend the features of your WordPress website. By providing your website with new features. You can use them to make any type of website.
In this post, we’ll discuss the top must have WordPress plugins that will help you create, optimize, secure, and maintain your website in the most efficient way.
Must have WordPress plugins – Best page builder plugins
If you want to set up your website some crucial setup plugins need for it. These must have WordPress plugins help to set up your WordPress website. Here we’ll discuss the most important plugin’s details.
- Ultimate blocks
- WPBakery Page Builder
- Page Builder by SiteOrigin
- Oxygen Page Builder
- Beaver Builder
- Visual Composer
Gutenberg is WordPress’s block editor and it introduces a modular approach to site customization. This plugin can edit individual content blocks on posts or pages. It can add and adjust widgets. With complete site editing support, you may even create your site’s headers, footers, and navigation.
This plugin allows users to construct media-rich content and site layouts in a visually straightforward way without the use of workarounds such as shortcodes or custom HTML and PHP.
You can make more and better blocks, as well as establish the framework for future phases of development. Each WordPress release includes stable Gutenberg plugin capabilities, so you don’t need to install the plugin to benefit from the work done. This plugin supports Ultimate Blocks.
- This editor supports blocks.
- Option for dragging and dropping
- There is no need to use shortcodes.
- User-Friendly Interface for Developers
- mobile-friendly UI.
- All information is within your reach
- Distraction-free writing environment
- Layouts and design pages are simple to construct.
- Excellent Editing Skills
- Limitations in customization
It’s a free plugin.
Ultimate Blocks is a must have WordPress plugins for bloggers and marketers. It’s a toolkit to skyrocket user engagement and simplify content creation.
Ultimate Blocks allows you to elevate design experiences rather than just adding functionality. This plugin supports the Gutenberg block editor.
This plugin comes with 22 blocks to help you build the perfect blog posts. You can enable/disable individual blocks to keep your site lightweight. Ultimate Blocks is highly optimized for SEO and has two types of schemas.
- Ultimate Blocks is an all-in-one solution.
- Amazing call to action option to improve conversion on your site.
- Your posts and pages can have a lovely Table of Contents added to them.
- Review boxes with schema support to assist you in rising to the top.
- Boost user interaction using the content filter block.
- With the review block, create eye-catching schema-enabled review boxes that will make it easier for Google to rank your content.
- Creates responsive tabbed content boxes with ease.
- The pro version could have more features.
The basic plan starts from $49.
Elementor is the top WordPress website construction too. It allows web designers to create professional, pixel-perfect websites using an intuitive visual builder. You can easily develop stunning websites for your clients or business while maintaining complete control over every aspect.
You may construct one-of-a-kind, eye-catching websites with Elementor’s comprehensive design features. Adjust the spacing, placement, padding, and margins of each piece to your liking. You can enhance the look and feel of your website with over 40 widgets and features including box shadow, background overlays, hover effects, headline effects, animations, gradient backgrounds, CSS transform, and many more.
This plugin simplifies your workflow and implements efficient approaches to speed up the construction of your website. You can take advantage of websites that load quickly and rank well in Google searches.
Elementor is RTL compliant and supports different languages and typographies. It also supports WPML, Polylang, TranslatePress, Weglot, and other plugins. In WordPress, there are some popular and effective must-have WordPress plugins that are really needed for building a website like as Elementor.
- Add eye-catching headlines.
- Control the size, opacity, and other settings of images.
- Image box that includes image, headline, and text.
- Place one or more of the 600+ icons available.
- Create a rotating carousel or slider for chosen images.
- Provides a limited number of templates.
The basic plan starts from $59.
WPBakery is the leading WordPress page builder plugin. This plugin has a drag-and-drop editor for WordPress with millions of sites powered. It has two editors a live frontend editor and a schematic backend editor.
This plugin allows you to design your content for pages, posts, and custom post types. It uses ready-to-use content elements and configure their appearance using rich design options.
This plugin gives you full control over responsiveness. It automatically creates responsive websites or tweaks parameters to ensure your WordPress website looks great on mobile and tablet. It also has an AI assistant that will generate text, improve text, translate it to practically any language, and develop custom code.
- This plugin makes it simple to begin developing your WordPress website.
- Create a page with rows and columns.
- An Intuitive Drag and Drop Interface
- Select from more than 50 premade content elements or begin with a professionally developed template.
- Simply alter element settings using the user-friendly buttons and options.
- AI assistant to generate a copy for the page or custom code that will be automatically applied.
- No free version available.
The basic plan starts from $59.
Page Builder by Site Origin is a robust content development interface. This plugin creates responsive column-based content using the widgets. Page Builder works with regular WordPress widgets, so you’ll always be able to locate what you’re looking for.
Page Builder is ready to use anywhere. Your content will adjust correctly to all mobile devices, ensuring that your site is mobile-ready. You never have to write a single line of code because of Page Builder’s simple drag-and-drop interface.
With this tool, You can see and update your material in real time. It’s the quickest and easiest way to change your content.
- It is simple to create responsive grid-based page content.
- Adjusts to mobile devices with pixel-perfect resolution.
- It works perfectly with any theme.
- It has a layout framework based on rows and widgets.
- Enter custom CSS and CSS classes if you need even finer-grained control.
- The premium version contains some extra features.
This plugin is free.
Oxygen Page Builder is another must have WordPress plugin. It is a drag-and-drop content builder. It allows you to quickly generate several page layouts. This plugin is easy to use very powerful, and simple.
It has strong controls that allow you to change the content of your pages without touching a line of code. It helps you create various pages from a blog or magazine style to a shopping cart, portfolio gallery, or membership site.
The Gutenberg integration in Oxygen Builder allows content creators to use the Oxygen Builder elements with content blocks. This plugin has an extensive library of elements and templates that can be used to create almost any layout you can imagine. It integrates with Yoast SEO, Rank Math, and SEO Press plugins.
- Easily place images, video embeds, text boxes, and more with drag and drop editing.
- Easy to create a searchable and navigable website which improves clients’ on-page SEO.
- Style product page without touching a line of code with layouts and elements.
- All elements are responsive and adapt to any screen size.
- It integrates with Yoast SEO, Rank Math, and SEO Press plugin.
- This plugin is expensive.
The basic plan starts from $129.
Must have WordPress plugins – Best security tools
After setting up the built-in plugin, you need a security plugin. Must have a WordPress security plugin to protect your website from spam, malware attacks, phishing, and many more security issues. Here, we’ll discuss some essential security plugins for your website.
If you want to manage multiple contact forms Contact Form 7 is perfect for you. This plugin is fully customized and the mail contents are flexible with simple markup.
It’s one of the oldest form builders out there, with 5M active installations. This plugin packs enough features and form fields to create web forms for your site, with customizations made through HTML and CSS tagging.
The Sucuri is the most powerful WordPress security plugin. This plugin is user-friendly. The Sucuri SiteCheck scan detects malicious code visible in your site’s external source code and diagnoses any core file integrity issues.
You can customize the Sucuri plugin settings to meet the demands of your website. You can also customize email notifications, scan schedules, allowlist or blocklist files, and more.
- Security Settings Customization includes email alerts, schedule scans, allowlist or blocklist files, and more.
- SiteCheck scan finds malicious code.
- Identifies any core file integrity issues.
- Security hardening options are preventative measures to increase security in areas of your website.
- Sucuri Security plugin requires WordPress version 3.6 or higher.
The free version is available.
Akismet is the most powerful anti-spam plugin in WordPress. This tool checks comments and contact form submissions with the global database. It prevents your site from publishing malicious or spamming content.
This plugin shows the URL in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links. Because each comment has a status story, you can see which comments were marked or cleared by Akismet.
Akismet analyzes user submissions in real-time through advanced machine learning and AI. This plugin’s advanced AI has learned from over 100 million sites while blocking over 500 billion pieces of spam.
- Akismet’s automated filtering saves more time.
- Automatically checks every comment and eliminates those that appear to be spam.
- You can easily see which comments were marked or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- Never lose your valuable site information on spam attacks again.
- Keeps your site safe and makes it trustworthy.
- API usage limit because it generates a lot of traffic and thus a lot of legitimate API calls.
The plugin is free to use.
Wordfence is another popular and secure must have WordPress plugin. It is largely regarded as the world’s leading WordPress security research team. It contains an endpoint firewall, malware scanner, robust login security, live traffic views, and other capabilities.
This plugin has a web application firewall that identifies and blocks malicious traffic. It can built and maintained by a large team focused 100% on WordPress security. This plugin’s real-time firewall rule and malware signature updates via the threat defense feed.
It secures your site at the endpoint and allows for deep interaction with WordPress. This plugin has cloud alternatives that don’t break encryption, cannot be bypassed, and can’t leak data. Its malware scanner searches core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects, and code injections.
- The Web Application Firewall detects and prevents harmful traffic.
- IP in real-time Blocklist prevents all requests from the most harmful IP addresses from reaching your site, protecting it while reducing traffic.
- Endpoint protection for your site, allowing for extensive interaction with WordPress.
- Easily delete any files that do not belong within the Wordfence interface.
- Check your website for known security flaws and notifies you of any issues.
- The free firewall does not receive updates until the premium version is updated, which can take up to 30 days.
The basic plan is free.
UpdraftPlus is another must have WordPress plugin. This plugin is trusted by the WordPress community to backup, restore, and migrate their WordPress websites.
You can backup to your preferred storage location and restore including Backup to your preferred storage location and restore. The pro version also allows you to backup to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, pCloud, WebDAV, or UpdraftVault.
This plugin has a user-friendly interface. This plugin lets you schedule WordPress backups to occur every 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours, daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly. It enables you to backup and restore your data with a single click and on your own timetable.
It restores backups from the WordPress control panel. This plugin quickly migrates or clones your WordPress website from your UpdraftPlus dashboard.
- Manually or automatically backups all of your WordPress files, databases, plugins, and themes.
- Restores backups directly from your WordPress control panel.
- Migrate or clone your WordPress website in a matter of minutes, all from your UpdraftPlus dashboard.
- Backup the WP core and non-WP files and databases.
- Sophisticated reporting and emailing capabilities.
- UpdraftPlus access is password-protected, allowing you to choose which site users have access to backups.
- Some of the most important features, such as multisite support, cloning, and migration, are only available if you purchase the commercial version of UpdraftPlus.
The basic plan starts from $70.
Jetpack is one of the great solutions to make your website safer and faster
This plugin provides comprehensive WordPress site security including automatic real-time backups and easy restorations, malware scans, and spam protections.
With the activity log, you can view each site modification and the user who did it, which is incredibly helpful for troubleshooting, maintenance, coordination, and debugging.
With this plugin’s WAF (Web Application Firewall), you can fortify your website’s defenses, especially in light of the fact that hackers are actively taking advantage of unpatched vulnerabilities.
- Secures with optional 2FA (two-factor authentication) for extra protection.
- Auto updates individual plugins for easy site maintenance and management.
- Automatically performs malware scans and security scans for other code threats.
- Ads and suggestions that divert viewers from your content are not displayed while using unlimited, fast, and ad-free video hosting.
- Grow traffic with SEO tools for Google, Bing, and Facebook.
- It’s core is free, but advanced features require a paid subscription.
For the security version $19.95.
Must have WordPress Plugins – Best Contact Form Builders
- Contact Form 7
- Ultimate Addons for contact form 7
If you want to manage multiple contact forms Contact Form 7 can be a great choice for you. This tool is fully customizable and flexible with simple markup.
It’s one of the oldest form builders out there with 5M active installations. This plugin packs enough features and form fields to create web forms for your site.
Contact Form 7 doesn’t collect or store any user personal information. You can also check into this plugin, GDPR Compliance, to make sure your WordPress website complies with GDPR requirements.
- After activating reCAPTCHA, Akismet, Constant Contact, Brevo, and Stripe, this plugin sent the submitter’s personal data to the service provider.
- Ajax-powered submissions.
- Customizable mail templates.
- File upload support.
- Localized translations.
- No premium version means no distracting upsells in the main dashboard.
- Enjoy broad compatibility with both free and premium themes.
- Particularly for beginners, the Contact Form 7 interface is not as user-friendly.
This plugin is free.
To get the full potential of Contact Form 7, you can install Ultimate Addons for Contact Form 7. This plugin can easily enhance features of your website’s form developed with Contact Form 7. This Contact Form 7 addon includes almost every feature, from basic to advanced.
Using this plugin, you can change the URL of the page your contact form 7 redirects to upon submission. You can also send your users to external page submission. Additionally, you have the choice of opening the page in a new tab or in the same tab.
With this tool, you can quickly design a Contact Form 7 with two, three, or even four columns. You may quickly configure the field range in your Contact Form 7 for your WordPress website with the help of Ultimate Addon’s Range Slider for Contact Form 7.
- Ships with a multi-step contact form feature.
- Redirect contact form 7 from another URL submission.
- Adding conditional logic to Contact Form 7 and showing or hiding form fields to users.
- Easily create Contact Form 7 columns/ grid layout.
- Editing contact form 7 placeholder text color, placeholder text background color, placeholder text font size, font family, font style, and font weight.
- Adding WooCommerce product dropdown field on Contact Form 7.
- Edit Contact Form 7 styles like color, label, background color, label font style, label font size, label font weight, label font family, label padding, and label margin.
- Too many features might seem overwhelming for first time users.
The basic plan starts from $59.
Must have WordPress plugins – Best SEO plugins
An SEO plugin, in general, will assist you in optimizing your web pages so that they rank higher in search engines. WordPress comes with a plethora of SEO optimization capabilities by default.
You can write titles and headings, add information, tags, and alt text, and update URLs. However, SEO plugins make it much easier to balance these and other tasks, especially if you are still not an expert. Using an SEO plugin does not ensure that your content will rank higher in search results. It can help you in optimizing your content for search engines so that it ranks higher. You still have to put in the effort, but it’s like having a coach who knows the game and can assist you.
- All-in-One SEO
- Rank Math
- Yoast SEO
All-in-One SEO is the most powerful SEO plugin. There are over 3,000,000+ smart business owners, marketers, and web developers who love the All in One SEO plugin for WordPress.
It’s easy to set up the proper SEO foundations in less than 10 minutes. This plugin smart setup wizard optimizes your website’s SEO settings based on your unique profile. This plugin offers flawless integration with popular social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others.
All-in-One SEO offers valuable data and actionable insights effortlessly with an advanced search statistics features right inside your WordPress dashboard. The All in One plugin saves your time by intelligently automating the process of scanning your content, identifying pertinent link possibilities, and seamlessly adding internal links.
- Easy to connect with Google Search Console and Google AMP.
- Integrates with many popular must have WordPress plugins including WooCommerce, MemberPress and more.
- Monitor your website’s performance, keep track of keyword rankings and analyze search trends.
- Stay one step ahead of the competition.
- Optimize your website’s SEO strategy for maximum results.
- Supports Google Knowledge Graph and Schema.org markup for local businesses.
- It may not be available in some regions or countries due to legal or technical issues.
The basic plan starts from $124.
Must have WordPress plugins – Best caching and Optimization plugin for maximum performance
The optimization of performance and speed is always critical to the success of your website. As a result, WordPress features object caching. It does improve the speed with which your pages load.
Furthermore, even if you have high-quality SEO content (in some cases), page speed has a major impact on SEO. When a search engine dispatches a bot to crawl the web, faster websites have fewer bounce rates and higher conversion rates and hence rank higher on Google.
Furthermore, faster load times will improve the user experience, making them significantly more likely to return to your website. The following are the top must have WordPress cache plugins.
- Next3 Offload
- WP Rocket
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Super Cache
Next3 Offload is a top-rated media offloading and optimization WordPress plugin. This tool has user-friendly features that help the beginner optimize a WordPress site by offloading the media file to cloud storage.
This plugin automatically rewrites media URLs lightning-fast with Amazon Cloudfront or other CDNs. It uses less space on the website server because of cloud storage and also provides a backup media option for the uploaded files.
This plugin allows you to clone your website without copying any images. It supports you to switch to the cloud storage provider. You can also download the file to WordPress and delete files from the old provider.
- Supports multiple cloud storage platforms, including Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean Spaces, Wasabi, Bunny CDN, and Google Cloud (upcoming).
- Next3 Offload optimizes images by providing customizable compression options.
- Takes a backup of the original image files before compressing them.
- Improves SEO score by providing lightning-fast loading speed.
- Converts to any preferred image formats including WebP when offloading to the cloud.
- Optimizes your database by deleting all unnecessary files and transients.
- Reduce bounce rate and improve user experience.
- Cleans local server space.
- Most efficient for website cloning for development purposes.
- No free version is available. However, there is a live demo option to get a hands-on experience.
Its price plan starts from $118.
The Best must have WordPress Business and Booking Plugins for Your Website
In your WordPress site business plugin is another must have WordPress plugin.
The NextLi theme will be a good choice if you want to maintain multi-domain licenses. You can use this plugin for your business or organization. This plugin sells and distributes WordPress products, ensuring the correct usage of licenses.
It provides a central management system for your licenses. This plugin allows you to easily monitor, update, and revoke licenses as needed.
NextLi provides API to check the validity of your product licenses. This plugin has a customer dashboard option where customers get the order receipt and download the product files.
- Uses real-time tracking of licenses.
- Creates a new license key for different domains.
- Easily monitors, updates, and revokes the license keys as needed.
- Stores license data and generate a cache with log history into your server.
- To manage multiple/single licenses for every purchase.
- Too many features might seem overwhelming for beginners.
The basic plan starts from $39.
If you want to get ready with your business plan, organize, and execute events, Evental is the perfect WordPress plugin for you. This plugin increases customer trust with CRM. Evental allows you to host virtual meetings, webinars, and flexible schedules for well-organized events.
This plugin has a booking forms payment system that automatically confirms customer payments. You can manage the payment options from the backend settings. It gathers personal data so that you can add a custom input field to the personal information section.
Evental allows managing events for the multivendor marketplace to sell tickets. This plugin has integration with popular page builders like Elementor, Visual Composer, and Divi.
- Integrations with popular payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, and WooCoomerce Checkout.
- Customers can easily access managing orders, downloading PDF invoices, personal information, billing information, account settings, etc.
- Maintain attendance information after completing the ticket registration process.
- Event Calendar view displays the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly schedules.
- Strictly maintains speaker and organizer information.
- Uses Google map to show the event’s location.
- Developed with SEO best practices in mind.
- No free version is available.
The basic plan starts from $199.
Exploring the Advantages of Business Management Plugins
NextCRM is a WordPress Email Marketing Automation CRM Plugin. It can manage your leads and customers, email campaigns, automated email sequencing, and contact management.
This plugin provides forms or opt-in forms on a website to take out leads. It works to collect all potential clients’ contact information. This plugin sorts and manages all important information and contacts to keep track of customer interactions, history, etc.
It can help you in following prospects through the sales funnel by offering thorough analytics and reporting. This plugin sends relevant emails to your targeted customers to increase conversions. It can improve your sales process and conversion rate by tracking sales, managing customer interactions, and automating the pipeline.
- Collects all the contact information of potential customers.
- Sorts and manages all important information and contacts to keep track of customer interactions, history, etc.
- Providing you with detailed analytics and reporting.
- Create an effective email list and deliver relevant emails to operate automated email marketing campaigns.
- It develops the customization portion of user experience.
- This plugin isn’t free.
The basic plan starts from $139.
This outstanding plugin allows you to make effective newsletters for your email subscribers. You can also use the plugin to create elegant opt-in forms or integrate it with any existing form on your website.
MailChimp for WordPress is compatible with the most recent versions of WordPress as well as many advanced plugins such as WooCommerce, Ninja Forms 3, MemberPress, and WPForms. It provides a comprehensive knowledge base that is continuously updated. It also allows you to instantly find answers to any of your questions. You can successfully develop attractive newsletter opt-in forms that customers notice and help drive purchases.
- Make your own HTML email campaigns.
- Customize your content and select whether to email it right now or later.
- Make campaigns that include basic automation elements.
- Send purely text-based emails with no pictures or formatting.
- Send multiple versions of the same campaign to discover which one produces the best results.
- Cannot schedule emails with the free plan.
The basic plan is free.
Bonus plugins: Unlocking the potential of your Website
WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution. This plugin creates beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry. It also can increase revenue with an optimized shopping cart experience that converts.
This plugin conveniently manages payments from the comfort of your store with WooPayments. It can securely accept credit cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash because of 100+ payment gateways including Stripe, Paypal, and Square.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Analyze and change any component of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
- Some businesses may require more complex features and capabilities that the platform does not provide.
It is free.
NextWoo is a robust page builder plugin for WooCommerce. If you want to add WooCommerce to your WordPress website NextWoo is perfect for you. This plugin is easy to use and incredibly customizable. You can craft unique and stunning pages that reflect the brand’s identity and improve conversion rate.
This plugin allows you to construct your product archive or shop page according to your requirements. With this plugin, you can create unique templates for the product details page. This plugin has a custom pre-built template.
This is the most powerful and attractive plugin that engages your customer and leaves a lasting impression. It works on creating and organizing WooCommerce website sections and pages like a single product, cart, checkout, my account, shop loop, related products, etc. by page builders like Elementor and Gutenberg. This plugin is fully compatible with WPML.
- Creates creative shop templates.
- Provides flexible store design.
- Includes customized template section.
- Adaptable product builder.
- Modify product template.
- User-friendly function.
- No coding skill is required.
- One-click demo importer.
- No free version is available.
The basic plan starts from $69.
MonsterInsights is the solution that integrates your website with Google Analytics and shows the analytical data directly on your WordPress dashboard.
It has 3+ million active installations. Without any coding experience, you can set proper website tracking across devices.
One-click Google Analytics eCommerce tracking is provided by this plugin for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, MemberPress, MemberMouse, GiveWP, LifterLMS, and Restrict Content Pro. This plugin accurately tracks clicks on your affiliate links and other outbound links with link tracking.
This plugin tracks all of your YouTube, Vimeo, and HTML-embedded video engagement to see which videos are most popular. You can effortlessly see which pages each customer visited and how long they spent there before purchasing from your store.
- Set Google Analytical tracking with just a few clicks.
- See website analytics reports in the Google Analytics dashboard.
- Get up-to-date statistics directly within WordPress to observe user activity, online users, and more.
- Setup tracking for authors, categories, tags, searches, custom post types, users and other events.
- It has a free version but the Pro version comes with different addons that allow a deeper understanding of your audience.
The plugin price starts from $199.
OptinMonster is one of the greatest popup builders you can consider for your WordPress website. You can convert website visitors into subscribers and convert them into buyers by using the OptinMonster popup builder and conversion toolkit.
This solution supports business growth, sales acceleration, and email subscriber acquisition. With the help of this tool, you can make lovely email subscription forms, popup campaigns, and sticky announcement bars similar to the hello bar.
This plugin has 97+ pre-made templates. You can customize them as you want. To increase conversions and revenue, you can tailor your campaigns according to the actions of your website visitors.
- Easily split-test all your ideas to keep increasing conversions.
- Generates beautiful lead capture forms.
- Multiple form types such as popups, floating bars and fullscreen overlays.
- A/B testing makes it easy to test different headlines, content, and layouts to see what converts the best.
- Hyper segment your leads by using enterprise-grade page-level targeting and segmentation rules.
- While the pro version does some incredible things, the free version has a few limitations.
The basic plan is $16.
There you have it! We tried to suggest the most effective plugins for your WordPress website. But the WordPress universe is practically infinite. So, always do your research to find the best alternative to the plugins we mentioned here.
Remember, with the right plugins, you can extend and handle practically any kind of website you can imagine
With a ton of useful new capabilities, you can improve your WordPress website by installing some of these essential WordPress plugins right now. We hope this article has helped you clarify some aspects of your road to solvation.