Do you want to integrate Google Maps on WordPress?
One of the main purposes of a business website is to help potential clients find you faster. If you operate from a physical location, make sure to provide visitors with all the necessary information to get there.
In general, presenting a map is far superior to detailing your address. Luckily, WordPress allows you to add a map to your website in several ways.
Furthermore, with the right plugin, you can create customized and dynamic maps. They highlight your geographical position or other relevant information.
In this article, we’ll go through how to integrate Google Maps with WordPress. We’ll also cover why you should integrate Google Maps on your WordPress website, and the benefits of doing so.
Why should you integrate Google Maps on a WordPress website?
When running a physical business, advertising your exact location is critical. This applies to shops, restaurants, and offices.
By incorporating Google Maps on your website, you ensure that your clients can locate you. This reduces figuring out on their end when searching for instructions. Having a visible, real location reminds customers of your tangible presence.
Additionally, Google Maps integration is visible while promoting events. Attendees at seminars, conferences, weddings, and other gatherings may feel stressed. This is especially true if the site is unfamiliar.
When you add Google Maps to your website, you provide attendees with a useful navigational tool. This also increases the likelihood that your event will be well-attended.
Moreover, if your goal is local visibility, consider the SEO benefits. Use Google Maps to improve your website’s visibility in local search results. This can increase local website traffic. It can also improve your reputation in your community.
What are the benefits of integrating Google Maps on your WordPress website?
Google Maps makes it easier for customers to find your store or other location. Using Google Maps on your WooCommerce website will increase your client’s trust. It will also boost their loyalty.
You can gain more customers using Google Maps. This will enhance your sales and grow your business.
Let’s talk about some benefits of Google Maps for your WordPress website:
- To build up your business, you must first establish trust with your clients. Google Maps will assist customers to discover your location easily.
- Google Maps is the easiest way to communicate with your customers. Customers can collect your company’s phone number and other information from Google Maps.
- Google Maps encourages users to visit your location.
- Google Maps displays photographs of your firm. Today’s users have attached photos. When analyzing a company or doing research, images can influence a decision.
- Google Maps can show you any part of our earth. It includes tiny features like buildings and gardens. Users place a high priority on map and route accuracy. To do this, they will need to store and handle a large amount of data.
- Google Maps improves SEO. People will try to find out where your shop is and how far it is from their current location. They will zoom in or browse through the map, which will take some time. Google considers such websites as having good content, thus they rank higher.
How does Google Maps integrate WordPress?
The simplest way to integrate Google Maps in WordPress is to use a WordPress plugin. It is also possible to manually integrate. However, accessing all features and customization options without a plugin is difficult.
Here, we’ll discuss the top five WordPress Google Maps plugins.
- gooMaps: gooMaps is an advanced and customized WordPress Google Map plugin for many locations. You can use this plugin’s shortcode to add a responsive, custom, interactive, and personalized Google map, map widget, or store locator to your WordPress pages or posts. There is no trouble no iFrames, and it is simple to use. gooMaps is a customized Google map plugin for contact pages. It is also for routes and delivery locations.
- Easy Google Maps: The Easy Google Maps WordPress plugin allows you to create Google Maps in less than a minute. Google Map markers can contain any type of media. Add Google Maps with a shortcode, open it in a popup, or use the Google Maps widget. An all-in-one solution for displaying Google Maps on your contact page. It also shows routes, real estate listings, delivery zones, and more.
- MapPress: MapPress is the simplest way to add stunning interactive Google and Vector maps to WordPress. With Gutenberg blocks or the old editor, you can create an unlimited number of maps and markers. The pop-up map editor makes it easy to create and alter maps.
Recommendation: As a user, we strongly recommend gooMaps to integrate Google Maps WordPress on your website. This plugin provides almost all kinds of features and functionalities.
With this plugin, you can assign many places to a single Google Map. So, it can be an all-in-one solution for your website.
How to integrate gooMaps into your WordPress website
You can easily connect to Google Maps by using the gooMaps feature.
- Install and set up WordPress.
- Install and activate the theme.
- Install and activate the WordPress Google Maps plugin.
- Connect with Google API.
- Display a map using a plugin shortcode.
- Setup form data using plugin backend settings.
Step 1: Set up WordPress
WordPress is a well-known content management system (CMS) that creates blogs and web pages. It has a lot of customization options and is easy to use.
Do you want to install WordPress on your own? How to install WordPress will help you to install WordPress.
Step 2: Install and activate the WordPress Google Maps theme
A Google Maps WordPress theme defines how your website will look like. There are thousands of free and premium themes available. We’ll use it as we create the free theme. We’ll the theme as a default.
To install the theme, go to the WordPress admin dashboard and select Appearance > Themes.
It’s time to add a new theme to your website. Now, click on the Add new option.
Search with the keyword Google Maps in the input field.
You can choose your favorite theme. Then, you can click on the install button.
Now, you need to click the “Active” button to activate the theme.
Now, you’re done with the theme activation. Click on the Visit Now option.
Now, you can see the demo template.
Step 3: Install and activate the gooMaps plugin
Navigate to the WordPress admin dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New.
Select the Upload Plugin option.
Then, select the Choose File button.
Now, select the ZIP file from your computer that you downloaded from your ThemeDev user account.
Click on the open button.
After selecting the gooMaps ZIP file, hit the Install Now button.
Click on the Activate Plugin button.
After activating the plugin, now you can see all of the gooMaps options.
Step 4: Connect with Google API
Now, you need to go gooMaps > setting.
Then, you can land on the API Setup page.
You need to paste the API key in the required field. (You can collect the API key from any Google Maps.)
Now, you need to click the Save Changes button to save the API key.
Step 5: Create a map using gooMaps Plugin
You can create a new map for your website. At this phase, you need to go gooMaps New Map option.
After reaching the new map page you can go to the shortcode function and copy a shortcode.
Then go to the Pages > Add New Page.
Give a title for your page.
Then, select the shortcode block.
After selecting the shortcode, you can paste the code in this field.
Click on the Publish button.
Now, you can see your booking page.
Step 6: Setup map plugin backend settings
Now, you need to go gooMaps > All Maps.
Click on Maps for customizing.
Now, you can see the Map Setting page. On this setting page, we can see some setting features. We’ll elaborate on this section step by step.
1. Basic Setup
Click on the Basic Info tab.
At this phase, you can select the Map Modes from the drop-down menu.
Now, you need to select Map Type from the drop-down menu.
You can enable the Active Dark Mode switch.
There is also a zoom-in/out option. If you want you can do it from the Zoom option.
You need to enable the switch Full screen if you want to see it.
Click on Center Marker Image to upload the image.
2. Direction Search
Now, you need to click the direction search tab.
You can enable these switches if you want to set street view direction, search box and find the place.
3. Advanced Setting
You need to click the Advance setting option.
Then you can enable the switches like before if you want.
4. Markers Setting
After advance setting, you need to click on the Markers setting option.
In this section, you can enable a Multi-marker switch.
Now, you need to upload the marker image. Click on the Marker Image option.
5. Style Setting
You need to navigate the Styles option.
At this phase, you can set your map styles like Administrative, Water, Road, etc.
Now click on the Update button to update your maps.
If you integrate Google Maps on WordPress can boost business visibility. It can enhance visitor trust, improve local SEO, and drive more visitors to your website.
And now you know that “how to integrate Google Maps in WordPress site” is simple. You can add a single or multiple location map to your website. Follow the five steps outlined above. These steps use the Google Map API. Make sure you’re following best practices when integrating Google Maps onto your website.
Please inform us if you have any questions or recommendations; we would love to hear from you.