This plugin automatically uploads all of your WordPress media library attachments to the Amazon S3 bucket. No, you got to reserve it on an equivalent server as the WordPress site hosted.
Also, all the media files uploaded from the Next3AWS Plugin can be stored in the Amazon S3 bucket, and you can create a new Amazon S3 bucket from the plugin settings.
What is Amazon S3?
An object storage service called Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) provides performance, security, and scalability that are unmatched in the market.
For a variety of use cases, including data lakes, websites, mobile applications, backup and restore, archives, business applications, IoT devices, and big data analytics, customers of all sizes and sectors may use Amazon S3 to store and preserve any quantity of data.
To meet your unique business, organizational, and compliance needs, Amazon S3 offers management options that allow you to optimize, organize, and configure access to your data.
- audio files
- PDF documents
What is Amazon s3 bucket?
Amazon S3 is an object storage service that stores data as objects within buckets. An object is a file and any metadata that describes the file. A bucket is a container for objects. To store your data in Amazon S3, you first create a bucket and specify a bucket name and AWS Region.
How Amazon S3 works
Amazon S3 is an object storage service that stores data as objects within buckets. An object is a file and any metadata that describes the file. A bucket is a container for objects.
To store your data in Amazon S3, you first create a bucket and specify a bucket name and AWS Region. Then, you upload your data to that bucket as objects in Amazon S3. Each object has a key (or key name), which is the unique identifier for the object within the bucket.
What are the advantages of using Amazon S3 for your WordPress site?
Reduced requests to the server—because your server does not have to deliver media files (or potentially assets), you’ll reduce your page load times.
More affordable storage – if you’re butting up against your host’s storage limits, I can almost guarantee that S3’s storage prices are cheaper than what your host will charge.
Detached media – because your media files are detached from your site, it’s a heckuva lot easier to maneuver your WordPress site around (like between hosts). You’re basically just moving the PHP files, which takes up almost no space.
Scalability – because Amazon S3 powers the whole Internet (ok, that’s a touch of hyperbole), you’ll be pretty confident that Amazon can scale with whatever’s happening to your site.
The WordPress S3 connection is explained.
If you follow the instructions during this post, here’s how your WordPress site is going to function at the end of this WordPress S3 plugin:
- You upload files to your WordPress Media Library like normal (i.e. through the regular Add Media button)
- Your chosen WordPress S3 plugin automatically copies or moves those files to Amazon S3
- Your WordPress site either serves the file that’s stored on S3 or uses a CDN that’s connected to your S3 bucket
Here’s what you need in order to set up the WordPress S3 integration.
To connect WordPress to Amazon S3, you’ll need:
- An Amazon Web Services account—this is free to sign up for.
- A public Amazon S3 bucket—this is free for your first year (up to 5GB). I’ll show you how to create one.
- A WordPress S3 plugin—this helps you automatically offload the files that you upload to WordPress to your S3 bucket.
Which WordPress S3 plugin should you use?
There are a few different WordPress S3 plugins that you can choose from:
Next3 is the advanced service for the Amazon AWS S3 Console. Next3 WP plugin makes your website lightning-fast and offloads files to AWS S3. Let’s have a glance at some outstanding features.
- Optimize site speed – All your files will be served from AWS S3 servers, taking a load off your server and increasing the speed of your website.
- Website media files transfer to AWS – It is very easy to export or import media files from sites using Next3 Aws. Users can convert all WP media files from the old website into Amazon AWS and vice-versa with a single click.
- Drag & Drop Media files upload – Users are able to upload their all-important files simply by the drag and drop system. It will give you comfort & save you time.
- Create unlimited Bucket – It is a very easy way to create a bucket or store by selecting the region, then the bucket name has to be set.
- Upload unlimited Files – Upload unlimited files from WordPress Media to an AWS S3 bucket and use files anywhere in WordPress.
- File Manager – It offers a file manager that provides a user interface to manage files and folders.
- Files Usability – Users can use stored files from the AWS file manager anywhere in the WordPress directory.
- Better SEO Service – All your files will be served from AWS S3 servers, taking a load off your server and increasing the speed of your website. This has a huge impact on your Page Speed score, therefore, ranking better in search engines like Google.
Next3 Integrate with?
- 1. WooCommerce
- 2. Advanced Custom Fields
- 3. Elementor
- 4. Easy Digital Downloads
- 5. Divi Builder
- 6. WPML
- 7. W3 Total Cache
- 8. Enable Media Replace
- 9. BuddyBoss
- 10. WP Rocket
- 11. BuddyPress
Next3 Integrate details:
- WooCommerce: Upload your WooCommerce product files to the cloud, where they are securely stored and served to your customers after they make a purchase.
- Advanced Custom Fields: Offload and serve media used in custom fields with Advanced Custom Fields.
- Elementor: When using the Elementor plugin to build your WordPress site, you can offload and serve your media.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Upload your EDD download files to the cloud, where they will be securely stored and served to your customers upon purchase.
- Divi Builder: When using the Divi builder, you can offload and serve your site’s media files.
- WPML: WPML can be used to translate attachments for offloaded media files.
- W3 Total Cache: When using the W3 Total Cache plugin, you can offload and serve your site’s media files to improve SEO and website performance.
- Enable Media Replace: With the Enable Replace plugin, you can easily replace your offloaded media files.
- Offload and serve user and group images on your Buddy Boss-powered site.
- WP Rocket: When using the WP Rocket plugin, you can offload and serve your site’s media files to boost your loading time, and improve your Page Speed score.
- BuddyPress: Offload and serve user and group images on your Buddy Press-powered site.