One of the worst emotions in the world is learning that you’ve lost the hours of work you put into developing your WordPress site because of an unexpected error, attack, or failure. Even as a developer, this may prevent you from hitting that important client deadline.
WordPress plugins for backup media make it simple to back up your WordPress site. To manually carry out this task, you can use cPanel, Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), or particular WordPress plugins.
In this article, we will talk about the backup media plugins and specifically the most workable backup media plugin, Backup Media Next3.
What Is Backup For A Website?
A website backup, put simply, is a duplicate of all the information on your website, including files, content, and media. This is accomplished using either SFTP, which is the same procedure as FTP but adds an extra layer of protection, or the conventional file transfer protocol, FTP. After that, all of the information is kept in the cloud and is available whenever you need it.
Schedule regular website backups to make sure the most recent version is always accessible for restoration. Depending on the kind of website you have, this should ideally happen every week or perhaps every day.
Why Setup a WordPress Backup?
Your website requires a backup, just like you would for your phone or PC. The same may happen to the files on your website as it could to the files on your phone or computer. You’ll need a backup of all the files required to run your website because they are stored on a server but can simply be lost or erased.
There are chances of data loss and security threats to your website. A hacked website may have corrupted files or undergone permanent alterations that make it impossible to restore it.
You can protect your website from all of those bad things by using a WordPress backup solution for your website. It enables you to safeguard your material and repair your website in the event of an incident.
Many newcomers think that a backup solution is probably not necessary for their websites. They don’t realize how simple it would have been if they had a backup plan until they see an accident and see
What’s the Best Way to Create WordPress Backups?
Using an automatic backup system is the most effective method of backup configuration. You have a variety of alternatives for executing WordPress backups. Your decision may be influenced by your level of technical expertise, the thoroughness of the outcome, and how rapidly backups can be made.
There are mainly three ways to backup a WordPress site:
- Web host backup
- Manual backup method
- WordPress backup plugin
Let’s go into more depth about each of these backup strategies.
There are numerous WordPress backup plugins available, both free and premium. You can look at our professional selection of the top WordPress backup plugins.
You must be aware of the feature-rich plugin when looking for a WordPress backup plugin. There are a number of tools available, including Backup Media Next3, UpdraftPlus, BackWPup, WPvivid Backup, All-in-One WP Migration, Database Backup for WordPress, and more. You need to choose one of these plugins that is both user-friendly and feature-rich and can meet all of your needs for WordPress media file backup.
How to Use a Backup Plugin for WordPress?
A WordPress backup plugin has the benefit of being created expressly to backup WordPress. You may perform backups from the WordPress admin panel by using a backup plugin.
WordPress backup plugin options range from those that are completely free to those that require a premium subscription. Additionally, they provide several tiers of functionality and support.
One of the most well-liked and effective WordPress backup plugins is Backup Media Next3, which offers choices for backing up your files and database to safe, off-site storage facilities. With the plugin, you can easily create a backup of your WordPress website from the dashboard of your WordPress.
What Is the Best WordPress Backup Plugin?
The best (and simplest) option for the vast majority of WordPress users and website administrators is to back up their site using a WordPress backup plugin and store it securely in the cloud.
But with so many commercial and free solutions available online and in the WordPress plugin repository, how can you pick the best backup plugin?
Features that should contain in a WordPress Backup Plugin
If you’re looking for a solid answer that will lead you to the best solution for your project, make sure these 10 key features exist in the backup plugin you choose to run:
1. An entire website backup must be possible with a WordPress backup plugin. Once more, a database backup is insufficient. A full-site backup must contain the following: An full and accurate copy of the WordPress database, with the ability to exclude or include non-default tables
- All files in the server site directory
- Files for each theme and plugin.
- A choice to incorporate files and information unrelated to WordPress.
2. For the majority of WordPress developers, a plugin that enables you to set your full-site backup frequency is a must.
If you’re like the majority of WordPress users, you probably don’t spend all of your time on the dashboard. After all, there are many unforeseen circumstances and ongoing interruptions in our lives.
You accept full responsibility for signing in and starting your site backups on a regular basis by using a WordPress backup plugin that allows you to create backup schedules.
3. WordPress backup plugins have access to a variety of off-site storage choices, such as:
- Google Drive
- Amazon Web Services
- BackupBuddy Stash
- Remote servers (sFTP/FTP)
The plugin’s availability of numerous storage places, each of which can be used simultaneously, is the most crucial thing to keep in mind in this case.
4. The most important thing to bear in mind in this situation is that the plugin has multiple storage locations that can all be used at once. It must have the quality for Fast and Easy Website Restores
5. Your website must be fully contained in a proper WordPress backup. You can utilize a plugin that allows you to tailor the content of each backup, which is an added advantage, so make sure to consider that while making your choice.
A lot of time and server resources can be saved for various sites and situations by having the option to include or exclude particular database tables, files, and folders. For instance, the plugin provides various WordPress backup options so you can run the backup type you require.
6. You might anticipate spending hours manually executing the operation when it comes time to migrate a WordPress website to a new host or server or if you’d like to move a WordPress website to a new domain. After all, moving a website cannot simply be accomplished by moving your backup files to a new location and restarting the website.
Find out if a WordPress backup plugin can aid in full site migrations before choosing one. The plugin should be able to clone WordPress and handle WordPress staging. All coded URLs, including those found in the database and option settings, can be replaced.
7. A backup plugin that can send you an email when a process is finished or fails is one you should look for. Email notifications for backups keep you informed about what’s occurring with your WordPress backups, so you’re always aware of their status.
8. The plugin must have the ability to Restore Plugins, Themes, WordPress Versions, and Individual Files.
9. An automatic WordPress backup plugin keeps track of all site changes, including those to pages, posts, media, plugin, and theme additions and adjustments.
The plugin quickly pushes any changes it discovers to a safe storage area. The ideal option is a WordPress backup plugin that can offer an automatic WordPress backup.
Select the perfect plugin.
You will find so many plugins available. But all plugins can not fulfill your requirements properly.
Thinking about this fact you need to choose such a plugin that contains all the characteristics that we discussed before.
If you are actually searching for such a plugin, then here is an amazing plugging Backup Media Next3 that can offload your site properly and give 100% support regarding backing up your website.
Let’s know more about Backup Media Next3.
Backup Media Next3
You may build a full backup of your WordPress site with Backup Media Next3 by uploading it to the cloud. Both scheduled backups and on-demand backups are supported by the plugin. Additionally, you can decide which files you want to back up.
Your backups can be automatically uploaded to a variety of cloud storage services, including Dropbox, Google Drive, S3, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email, and more.
- Create a backup of the entire WordPress database and files before migrating anything to the cloud. You can choose from a range of alternatives to obtain customized backups.
- Create a backup of all database tables before transferring or doing anything else. You can choose from a number of alternatives to obtain individual table backups.
- Before transferring any Media Files elsewhere or to the cloud, make a backup of all of them. Plugins, themes, uploads, and other files can all be backed up separately. Your backup files are accessible by downloading them.
- It is easy to erase and recover backup data. Additionally, you can download and manage backup files.
- For AWS S3, you can use Next3 AWS to upload files, make buckets and directories, and upload images of different sizes. That will speed up your site.
- The media URLs are changed, and the media files from the website are automatically moved to AWS S3.
- Users are able to use the drag-and-drop method. You’ll feel more at ease, and you’ll also save time.
- By picking a region and then entering the bucket name, you can create or store a bucket quickly.
- A file manager with a user interface is included for controlling files and directories.
- All themes, plugins, and CDN services are compatible with WooCommerce, EDD, BuddyPress, WP Rocket, and BuddyPress.
How to access Backup Media Next3
To access this plugin, first of all install it and complete the activation process. After that, you will find the tab of Next3 in your Admin Dashboard. Then create the required bucket and set up the provider. These are the main terms.
Now go for Settings. Here you can see all Storage Info:
- Copy files to Cloud (bucket): Automatically upload files into the cloud.
- Rewrite Media URLs: Rewrite your media files to websites
- and Setup your other settings
You might want to offload any existing media to the bucket as well now that your site is set up to offload newly-uploaded media to the cloud.
To offload your existing media library, individually offload existing media, go to the Next3 >> Tools. “Media Files” tab you should see what we call the “Offload Tool”, this can be used to offload existing media to the bucket. You should have the option to offload your existing media, both individually or multiple.
You have also the scope to move and clean offload media to local storage from this Tools section.
The overall accessing process is very user-friendly. Now it’s time to select the right plugin for your WordPress website and grab its all features.
Regular backups are essential for maintaining your WordPress security. For your business, it’s equally important to select the backup plugin that can meet all of your needs.
In this essay, we’ve emphasized the key characteristics that each WordPress backup tool should have. While capabilities like incremental backups and offsite storage ensure that your website performance is unaffected in any way, features like numerous backups and scheduled backups guarantee that you never lose any website data.
We strongly advise evaluating your website’s requirements and purchasing a trustworthy backup plugin right away.