If a business website or a small website describing the specifics of the services you offer and the benefits of your company is sufficient to implement your business, you can build an effective selling resource on WordPress yourself. This is especially true if you are the sole manager and administrator of your resource.
This is not to say that WordPress is only suitable for creating a business website, a catalog, a blog, or a multimedia gallery. With its assistance, online stores branched corporate sites, and information portals can be built, though you will need a little more time and skills. Aside from the fact that you don’t have to look for a team of professionals, it has the following benefits:
- It’s a free content management system;
- Depending on your plans and capabilities, you can limit yourself to free WordPress templates, or you can use paid ones if you want to customize your resource more efficiently;
- A sufficient number of plugins to achieve flexible functional and visual efficiency of the resource;
- Simple resource management, which is within the power of self-taught intuition, as well as the minimum time required to fill the site with the primary content.
Creating websites on WordPress – simple and tasteful
So, how do you go about making a WordPress site? You can look at this WordPress-powered Web Design Company website. The sequence will be as follows:
- Hosting and domain registration;
- Installation of WordPress with the choice of a theme;
- Setting up WordPress with a basic set of plugins and adding tracking codes;
- Adding & modify contents.
If you are an experienced user, you can get started right away, but if you want to practice, start with a personal blog. After you’ve mastered the fundamentals of website creation, you can move on to selling paid hosting.
The first step in creating a WordPress site is registering a domain name, which can be either free or paid. As a general rule, the domain name should be short (otherwise it is difficult to enter into the browser line on a smartphone) and have a thematic meaning. The selection of a domain zone is also critical.
It has no effect on the technical characteristics of the resource or the effectiveness of its promotion in search engines, but it does form the user audience’s subconscious trust (for comparison, addresses on .com, .info, .org, .net, are more trustworthy).
If you buy hosting along with a domain name registration and WordPress installation, you will save time and effort.
In this case, it is preferable to use the services of a hosting provider that includes WordPress installation as part of the tariff plan. Otherwise, you must download the distribution kit from the WordPress official website and then:
- Unpack the archive and create a database on the server using the menu in your personal account on the hosting provider’s website;
- After entering the login, password, and registration data, rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php and open it with a text editor, specifying the host and database with a password;
- Upload the files to the httpdocs folder, and then the unzipped distribution to the server.
Next, you should directly install WordPress by filling in the required information fields and indicating the need for indexing your resource by search engines.
Following these steps:
- Download the WordPress zip file from official websites. And Extract file into your Local Server.
- Setup WordPress into Local Sever or your Hosting
- Then open the browser and paste your server location URL.
- Enter your database info, Before creating your database into PHPMyAdmin.
- Creating Database into localhost/server.
- Paste your server information for setup WordPress
Getting Started with WordPress Site Administration
The visual and functional parameters of your resource will be determined by the theme you choose. Here, pay attention to the following nuances:
- If the development of a mobile version of the site is not needed, a template with adaptive layout is sufficient;
- The advantage of paid templates is that developers regularly update them, providing information support; in addition, by paying, you reduce the risk of creating a template site;
- Choose an English-language template;
- To install the selected template, you need to download the distribution kit from the developer’s site, then specify the path to it on the installation page and activate the template.
WordPress is convenient because setting up a resource using the administrative panel does not require specific knowledge.
What did you need to know about working with general settings?
In order to add content via email, you need to enter the server address, port, login, and password.
An option is to publish updates in the administrative panel, however, you should mark the update tracking service in the “Update Services” section.
Setting up a WordPress site menu and choosing plugins
Setting up a resource in the “Appearance – Menu” position entails adding the necessary top-level pages with the link text displayed in the menu, selecting the topic area for displaying the menu, and then Russifying the topic.
Many beginners overuse plugins, installing unnecessary extensions that, in turn, slow down the resource. There are enough plugins to ensure the site’s security, protect you from spam, and optimize it for search engines. After activating the plugin, you can begin configuring backup options.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.